New Year Packet
August 7, 2023
To: All cadets and their Parents/Guardians
Subject: Beginning of Year Packets
Greetings from the Palo Verde AFJROTC instructors! Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year. We have an exciting year planned for your cadet. So that your cadet can participate in all of our activities, there are a number of data sheets and signatures we need to get from you. Please do this as soon as possible. Your cadet must turn in the signature and data sheets within one week of receiving this checklist. The time crunch is important because we must get all of this information before we can plan the many activities we have coming up. Thanks for your help and understanding. The following is a checklist to help you ensure your cadet has everything they need:
1. Parent Letter. Informational Only. Main Points- We are NOT recruiters. We do NOT allow hazing of any kind. Attitude is critical. Your cadet must wear the uniform every Tuesday unless it is posted otherwise on the ‘Homework’ page of the web site.
2. Course Expectations. Signature Required. Main Points – Three major assignments (two briefings and flight simulator missions). Grading policy. We are NOT recruiters and there is NO military commitment for participating in JROTC. Mandatory formations are listed on the last page. All cadets are expected to attend these events. Please return the Course Expectations Signature Page signed by you and your cadet.
3. AFJROTC Web Site Permission Letter. Main Point – do we have permission to put your cadet’s picture on our web site?
4. Cadet Data Sheet. Main Point – information used to make sure we meet the needs of your cadet. Picture not required.
5. Medical Permission Form + Field Trip Rules + Field Trip Permit. Main Point – information used for field activities and trips away from school. If this form is not returned, your cadet will not be able to participate in these activities.
6. Health questionnaire/Photo Release. Main Points – health questionnaire required for your cadet to participate in our athletic activities. Photo release form to publish your picture on the Air Force website.
7. Palo Verde HS Grading Policies & Procedures. Informational only.
Your cadet will receive 100 AS and 100 LE points if they return these sheets on time.
If you have any questions, please call us at 799-1450, ext 4068. Thank you.