Summer Community Service
The list below is provided to assist you in fulfilling your summer community service requirements. This list was checked by the cadet staff and should provide you with a lot of opportunities for community service. If you have any problems with this list or the organizations, please let one of the instructors know as soon as possible. If you want to perform community service at an organization other than those listed below, you must get prior approval from Capt Doughty or SMSgt Stewart. Have a great summer!
1. Aid for Aids of Nevada (AFAN) (16 & older)
Contact Jennifer Roberts at 382-2326
-Assist with year round events like AIDS Walk.
2. American Cancer Society (14 & older)
Contact Volunteer Coordinator at 798-6877
-Help with year round special events.
3. American Lung Association (16 & older)
Contact Sherry, Alexis at 948-4163
-Teen volunteers needed to promote teen anti-tobacco program.
4. American Red Cross (14 & older)
Contact Brian Garcia at 791-3311
-Assist with various programs offered at the Red Cross office.
5. Blind Center of Nevada (17 & older)
Contact Margy Koorn at 431-3590
-Assist blind in variety of tasks & events.
6. Boys and Girls Club of Las Vegas (under 18)
Contact Volunteer Coordinator at 367-2582
-Tutor children in math, reading, etc.
7. Youth Volunteer Candlelighters for Childhood Cancer (16 & older)
Contact at 737-1919.
-Help with special events and office tasks.
8. Clark County Parks and Recreation (12 & older)
Contact at 455-8689
-Provide activities and tutoring to kids after schools and on Saturdays.
9. Gilcrease Bird Sanctuary (16 & older)
Contact at 645-4224
-Assist with maintenance, construction, and animal care.
10. Las Vegas Natural History Museum (13 & older)
Contact Mary Lou at 384-3466
-Assist with tours and Saturday activities.
11. University Medical Center (UMC) (14 & older)
Contact Volunteer Coord. Mrs. Fane at 383-2388
-Volunteers needed to assist with office duties, medical records, kid’s activities and more.
-Assist with social events and fundraising.
12. Volunteer Center of S. Nevada (12 & older)
Contact Fran Smith or Carrie Johnson at 892-2321
-Office volunteers needed to help with mailing/running errands
13. Community Food Bank of Clark County
Call 643-0074; 4190 N. Pecos, Las Vegas, NV 89115
-Call for additional information.
14. Catholic Charity Donations
-Donations are needed for Regina Hall, Marion Hall, Social Services, St VincenVs, Senior Services, and Migration and Refugee Service. Call for more information.
15. Clark County Social Services (High School Students)
Call Barbara Grostick at 455-5719; 1600 Pinto Lane
-Uses volunteers to do yard work for seniors-low income families.
16. Jewish Family Service Agency
Call 732-0304; 4794 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite C, Las Vegas, NV 89119
-Volunteers needed to help sort food and more. Donations accepted.
17. Interfaith Hospitality Network (over 18)
Call 638-8806; 502 W. Van Buren Avenue, LV NV 89106
-Shelter for families. Volunteers needed to assist families with long-term shelter, jobs, and more. Donations accepted.
18. Las Vegas Rescue Mission (no infants)
Call Rod at 382-1766; 414W Bonanza Road, Las Vegas, NV 89106
-Volunteers needed to help with serving food daily at 5pm & in thrift stores. Food donations accepted.
19. Lutheran Social Services Food Pantry
Call 639-1730; 800 N Bruce Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (8-12 Mon-Fri)
-Foodpantry, thrift store, mentoring and office volunteers. Donations accepted.
20. Safe Nest
Call Cindy Beguno, Volunteer Coordinator at 877-0133 ext 251; www.safenest.org
-Volunteers are used for crisis intervention, children’s activities and more. Donations are accepted.
21. Salvation Army of Las Vegas
Call 870-4430 ext 20; 35 West Owens Avenue, Las Vegas, NV89106
-Volunteers are used to help with various tasks. Donations accepted year round.
22. United Labor Agency of Nevada (15 & older)
Call 648-3500; 1201 N. Decatur, Suite 106, Las Vegas, NV 89108; (7:30-10:30)
-Volunteers assist with food pantry; clerical work.
23. Wellsprings Food Distribution Center
Call 631-5027; 1401 N Decatur, Las Vegas, NV
-Call for more information.
24. Emergency Aid for Boulder City
Call 293-0332; 1001 Arizona Street, Boulder City, NV 89005
-Food pantry volunteers. Donations accepted.